Do you live in New Waterford? Are you a morning person? Do you like working outside? Have you ever grown food or do you want to learn? Are you interested in beekeeping and/or not afraid of bees? Wild Town and the New Waterford Community Garden seek a casual/part-time, on-call garden assistant. This is an on-call job (i.e., hours are flexible). Schedule will be determined by assistant’s schedule and weather. Assistant will work approximately 1-3 days per week, 2-3 hours per shift, until late June. Possibility of summer and fall work, too.
- assist with gardening activities
- assist with beekeeping activities
- ability to work during early morning/mid-morning hours, Monday to Friday (sorry, this disqualifies high school students)
- desire to work outside in various weather conditions (note: we will not work in extreme heat or pouring rain)
- ability to do physical labour and lift and carry heavy objects (e.g., shovelling and digging, hammering, drilling, carrying lumber, buckets of compost and soil, beekeeping equipment, etc.)
- show up on time in the morning (this could be as early as 7 a.m.!)
- must live in New Waterford
If interested, please email us your resume and a short paragraph telling us why you’d like to work at Wild Town. Email email@example.com.
Posting will remain open until position is filled.